Dante's inferno opens with Dante running through the woods from three horrible monsters. He runs for so long that he finds himself lost in the dark woods. He's tired, he's alone, and he realizes his doesn't know the diritta via, or right way out. He becomes conscious that he is ruining himself and finds himself falling into what he calls a basso loco, or deep place, where he says the sun is silent (I sol tace). My disordered world is my basso loco where I sol tace. The words found here are my desperate attempt to articulate what feels like my stumble through a place where up is down and food is greed, where death is honor and flesh is weak. It seemed so easy to find my way here but I'm finding it much harder to find the way out.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Purging


The problem is that I have grown into my disorder and it has grown into me.  The edges that once separated us have blurred we've become this enmeshed thing, hell bent on its own destruction.  I've spent the better part of the past 12 years scarfing, barfing, starving, cutting and living in varying states of terror and rage only to find myself at 20 years old starring at a vastly abbreviated lifespan. But I do have this: I am thin.

Whoop de fucking do.

Remy

No comments:

Post a Comment